Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011

For Japan With Love: Bloggers Day of Silence


A week ago yesterday, Japan was hit with the horrible events of a tsunami, powerful earthquakes, and threats of radiation leaks, each causing the next. When I heard of that, it inspired me to really make this blog to be able to really express how I feel with any issues this world faces. I had initially intended to begin my first post yesterday because of this, but then I came across the above site's declaration of the "Bloggers Day of Silence" and so I agreed to hold off till today to post. So many bloggers agreed to skip a day of posting and so many more have helped with the cause (too many to name here but there is a huge list at FJWL's website). I spoke of unity when such events take place in this post on my other blog, and I could not be more overjoyed in seeing the amazing turnout here. 

Unity is a beautiful thing, especially when it is intended to support others and further it till no borders exist, for we are all united then.

This day alone will still not heal Japan of all its horrors, though. I will have another post dedicated to numerous ways that intend to help our fellow people in trouble.

I do want to take this moment to thank each and every blogger that is mentioned on there. Your support is wonderful and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to thank you. Let's continue to use our power to help as many as we can in this world!

Love,
Luna-tick Tock

No comments:

Post a Comment